What is a BTSE sub-account?
The BTSE sub-account feature provides flexibility for Professional Traders to apply multiple trade strategies and cater to their need to segregate assets for risk management purposes.
This feature allows the Main account owner to trade through multiple accounts, which can be set for different strategies and manage their transactions.
Do sub-accounts have the same KYC, VIP and MM (Market Maker) Level as the Main Account?
-Yes, sub-accounts will have the same level as the main account.
How will the VIP and MM Level be calculated?
- The VIP and MM Level will be calculated based on the total amount of the main account and its sub-accounts.
How many sub-accounts can one user have?
- A main account can have up to five (5) sub-accounts, but VIP levels can create more than 5 sub-accounts.
Can the Main and sub-accounts trade with other sub-accounts under the same account?
-No, main and sub-accounts cannot trade with sub-accounts under the same account.
If a sub-account gets liquidated, will it affect the main account?
- No, only the collateral stored on the affected sub-account will be liquidated.
Can sub-accounts join special BTSE events?
- No, only the main accounts can join special events.
How to create a sub-account?
1. Log on to your BTSE account.
2. From the welcome page, proceed to your Dashboard.
3. On the left side of your screen, select Sub-Account and click Create Sub-Account:
4. Enter your desired sub-account username and click Create New Sub-Account
5. A pop-up notification message will be shown on your screen to confirm that your sub-account is created
What are available key functions for Sub-Accounts?
The following are the available functions for sub-accounts:
1. Account Management - allows users to create / edit / delete sub-accounts; this tab also shows the list of sub-account usernames, create date, status (active / frozen), type, verification status and the available sub-account functions (Spot / Futures)
2. Asset Management - shows the main account's total balance, the sub-accounts' balances and transfer asset service function
3. Approvals - tab where the main account user can approve or decline pending approval requests for sub-account transactions
4. API Management
5. Login History
1. Account Management
Where to manage the sub-account's details and permissions?
1. From the sub-account page showing the Account Management tab, you can click the blue settings icon
2. The user will be directed to the sub-account details screen as shown below:
From this page, the user can modify the following:
a. Account Status
Freeze Account - requires Email OTP+2FA; frozen sub-accounts can no longer be used for trading; asset transfers can only be done through the main account
Delete Account - only sub-accounts with zero balances can be deleted; once a sub-account is deleted assets can no longer be transferred; upon deletion, the main account will only be able to downloadable transaction history for the past 180 days
Assign or edit an alias or nickname to the sub-account for easier reference
c. Custom Login
Allows a user to create a username and password to gain access to the full account or specific sub-account
d. Transaction Permissions
Allows the user to define available transactions for the sub-account; default is SPOT trading, to enable futures trading, the user will be asked to enter the email OTP+2FA
How to enable Custom Login for sub-account?
From the sub-account screen, user can click Enable under the Custom Login field and proceed to enter the email address to be registered.
This feature also allows users to resend email verification links for account verification and change of email address
After setting up your sub-account's email address, the user needs to login to BTSE via the link sent to the registered email address, input the verification code and assign a password
2. Asset Management & Transfer Asset
The Asset Management tab allows a user to view the main account and all sub-account's balances and do asset transfers.
To transfer assets from one sub-account to another, user can go to the Asset Management tab, then choose the sub-account you wish to transfer in/out. This transaction requires email OTP+2FA to complete the transfer
If you would like to check the balance of each cryptocurrency, you can choose it from the dropdown menu.
3. API Management
The API Management feature allows a user to create and edit API keys and access your sub-accounts.
To create an API key, you will need to switch to the sub-account you would like to add an API for
Upon choosing the sub-account, you can now create your API key and you will be asked to provide an API Key Name, choose the Key permissions and IP restrictions then click Create. The request will be sent to the Main Account user for review and approval.
4. Login History
Feature where the user can view all sub-accounts login history by date, IP address, and location for review